Fabby Followers

Sunday 18 March 2018

Postcard

Happy Snowy Sunday, where has spring disappeared to??
For those that know me know I am a great lover of oxides, this was a little experiment.
 A good friend of mine visited last week and she brought some of her lovely cards for me to see, On some she had used the normal distress inks on photo card.......Now this got my head whirling would Distress Oxides work? Out came my photo paper and the first inks that came out of  my box - now I normally would sit awhile to decide my colours but as this was an experiment I just went for it. Amazing results I loved it , but I took it one step further and on half removed the oxides
I hope you can see the difference on B where oxides were removed.....
I left it to one side but then decided I needed to decorate it - It was the perfect size for a postcard, So using various Stamps, Black Micron Pen, A few Sequins and some Sequin waste my postcard was made

I totally loved what came of an idea that may or may not have worked

I can see this becoming a regular make

Thank you so much for looking today 
xx
I would like to enter this into
A Inky Mess ~ Mixed Media
Mix It Up Challenge ~ Own Background
Crafters Castle ~ Anything Goes
Creative Fingers ~ Anything Goes

8 comments:

create.365 said...

love all the texture -visual and actual! Thanks for joining us at the MIUCB!

Unknown said...

Love the beautiful rainbow of colours you have used :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Shylaashree said...

love the colours and textures jane

The Craft Princess said...

Experimenting is how we discover fabulous things! And you absolutely created something fabulous!!! I love the colors and textures as well. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Monika Gulyas said...

Fabulous card!!! I Great experimenting with the background colouring!!! Thank you for joining the March challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Craftyfield said...

This technique is on my list to try... You've achieved a great background with it! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Wow, love all the textures and colors!!!
Thanks for entering the Crafter's Castle March Challenge! -Tasha

Priya Satish said...

Beautiful. Great background colours.Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Blog challenge. - Priya Satish DT

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...